Friday, December 5, 2008

Grover







Here is my brand new Grover! I have to say, he's the best Grover that I've ever made.
I had to make his head a separate piece from the body to more closely resemble the picture of the actual Grover Muppet above. Since Grover's head is not centered on his neck in the picture but is actually quite a bit forward, I wanted to make sure that the figure had a similar look. Unlike some of my more recent figures, Grover's head does not turn. It is glued in place with some wood patch applied over top to smooth out the joint and make it blend in nicely with the body.

3 comments:

JAbbeRedONiON said...

these look cute. what are grovers?

Jim said...

Grover is the name of the puppet on Sesame Street that this figure is based on. The reason that I said 'Grovers' is because I have made figures of this character before.

Anonymous said...

I can remember a little curly-haired blond guy who LOVED his "Gwovah" stuffed toy...and still has it!!!

guess who! heehee