Friday, November 7, 2008

In the works...




Here's a new figure that's just underway. As you can see, I'm experimanting with a new head style. Last night while I was trying to go to sleep, I was thinking, "Why don't I try making a more human shaped head? It's possible isn't it?" So today I decided to try it, and here's how it's turning out so far.
I'm also trying a new idea for the neck. For this figure, the neck is actually a separate piece that goes down about a quarter inch into the body, where it is glued in place, and about a half inch up into the head. A large hole is drilled up through the body with a smaller hole going through the neck. A screw goes up through the body and connects to the head so that the head won't fall off, but will still have the ability to turn. So far I am really liking the result!
I think I will add arms to this figure, but I thought that for a change I would post some pictures of a figure in an earlier stage.
Who is it going to be? Wait and see!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Oh, the head shape looks really good. I am curious to know who it will be! Neat idea to show the early stages too!

Jim said...

Thank you my dear! You will find out soon.