Saturday, October 2, 2010

Back in business!

After going for months without being able to use a wood lathe, I'm happy to report that things are finally looking up. At my new (actually 110 years old) house, I have an old pig barn that will eventually be at least partly converted into my woodworking shop. It smells in there, it's dirty and there is still a long way to go till I have everything cleaned up and set up the way I want it, but at least I now have the lathe and some of my other tools set up and ready to use. I have actually been able to use the lathe a few times in the past week and begin work on a few new figures. A new Elmo figure is now complete and will be looking for a new home soon and four more figures are currently in the works. I should be able to get some more work done on these four tomorrow after I get back from a nice morning at church in Charlottetown. It's fun to be back at it!





0 comments: