Saturday, October 18, 2008

Philadelphia Flyers Snowman





Time to take a break from the fall theme. Here's a character for the upcoming winter season.

I wanted to make something with a hockey jersey on it, but I didn't feel like making an actual hockey player at this point. While I was carving this guy out, I thought I was making another scarecrow, but this time with a Philadelphia Flyers jersey and a touque. When it came time to make the arms, I made the decision that he was going to be a snowman instead.

This fellow was very time consuming to paint. Making the logo was very difficult work, and I was worried that I was going to make a mistake that would be difficult to correct. Thankfully, it worked out well. I don't really like how the number turned out, but oh well.

The jersey that he is wearing is based on the very first home uniform that the Flyers wore back in 1967 (which is also the reason for the number 67 on the back).
The snowman was made from ten pieces of wood

0 comments: