Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scarecrow





Here's a brand new scarecrow for the Halloween collection. I did make another scarecrow earlier this year, that you can see in an earlier post. However, this one has a totally different appearance. The reason for the particular look that this scarecrow has, is that I wanted him to have more of a colonial times appearance (hat, shirt, jacket style) so that he would fit in better with the Sleepy Hollow themed characters.

On this fellow, the arms and the hat are separate pieces. The hat is actually made from two separate pieces. Instead of having just a straight pointed hat, I thought that it would look nice if it had a bend to it. So, I cut the point of the hat in half at an angle, rounded off the edges, and glued it back in place.

With this figure I did a lot more experimenting with blending colors. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I like how it turned out! This is one of my favorite figures to date.

0 comments: