Friday, October 24, 2008

Stan Laurel









This is my second attempt at making a Stan Laurel figure. I have included a comparisson picture above (the bottom one) so you can see the differances.
This time around, his outfit is based on what he wore in the show Towed in the Hole in 1932. And of course, I just had to paint him in black and white again!
Stanley is the first figure that has the ability to turn his head. I drilled a hole in the bottom large enough to insert a screw that goes up into the head.
As simple as his face looks, it was the most difficult part of all for me. I had to re-do it more than once!

2 comments:

John and Lisa said...

These are quite amazing. I came from your wife's Works-for-me-Wednesday post and I'm glad to find you. I will certainly try to send some other people your way!

Jim said...

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's a fun hobby that probably not many people are doing.